FNet is a software for monitoring fermentation and cell culture processes with the LAMBDA MINIFOR laboratory fermenter. The software runs under Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8:
Ready to use software
- • Easy to install
- • The software recognizes the connected fermenters at start-up. Up to 6 fermenters, 12 integrators and 6 peristaltic pumps can be connected to one PC (figure 1)
- • No need of programming knowledge
- • All cables are easy to connect and have standard connectors
- • No special add-in or license to buy for the connection of new fermentors
Display and graphs
All the information (actual values, set points, graphs, alarms) of the fermenter is presented in the main window (figure 2):
- • Actual values like temperature, pH, pO2, air flow rate, amount of base and acid, and an additional parameter X which could be for example the culture weight for continuous processes, optical density or an online biomass concentration measurement.
- • Set point values like temperature, pH, pO2, air flow rate, agitation, another parameter X and one feed with a peristaltic pump
- • Scalable graphs: The user can choose the fermenter parameters he wants to display in function of time
- • Ruler to read values on the graphs
The process data (temperature, pH,...) are stored in a text file. This file can be exported to most programs on the market for statistical treatment or reporting. More fermentation batches can then be compared for process optimization.
- • Remote control of the fermenter, all the set point values can only be changed from the PC
- • Possibility to know the amount of base and acid added into the fermenter
- • Profiles on all the set points like temperature, pH, pO2, air flow rate, agitation, parameter X or feed with a peristaltic pump (figure 3)
- • Alarm management: The user can activate alarms for temperature, pH, pO2, air flow rate, agitation, parameter X.
- • The program shows when an alarm has occurred.
Fermentation process plot - Information provided by LAMBDA pumps together with the INTEGRATOR