9 Applications of LAMBDA Peristaltic Pumps
LAMBDA peristaltic liquid pumps and tubing pumps are used in the following fields:
- Chromatographic techniques: Liquid chromatography, collecting fractions, sampling, taking samples, gradient elution, pouring gradient gels, gradient formation, etc.
- Single use systems: Since it is contamination sensitive process, LAMBDA pumps can be used for precise addition or removal of the desired liquid
- Fermentation and cell culture techniques: addition of nutrients, pH control (buffers, acid, base), antifoam control (antifoam agent), feed, harvest, sampling, continuous processes, chemostat.
- Pharmaceutical research: Process validation, drug trials
- Chemical reactions: Precise addition of liquids for titration, visualisation of reaction velocity – hydrolysis of amides, esters, anhydrides, etc.
- Biochemical reactions: Control of oxidation and reduction potential, measurement of enzyme activities, long term reactions