For safe dosing of chemicals in your lab. Unique powder pump for free-flowing solid substances.
The LAMBDA DOSER & HI-DOSER powder feeder is a unique programmable powder pump for free-flowing solid substances.
It allows automated continuous dispensing or intermittent addition (with pauses) of powders, powdery and crystalline substances without a spoon.
The powder dispensers with an optional foot-switch can be used to dispense the powder in portions in media preparation, monitoring and screening.
The powder dispenser consisting of a dosing unit coupled to a digitally controlled stepping motor, allows the constant and reproducible dosing of solids.
As the DOSER / HI-DOSER powder feeder offers different control options, it can also be used in automatically controlled processes.
Automation of the powder dispensing process in the life sciences, pharmaceutical or analytical laboratory can be done with the programmable powder dosing pump as it reduces human error, risk of spillage and conforms to laboratory safety standards.
The powder dosing instruments such as DOSER 0.2 L, DOSER 1 L, DOSER 3 L, HI-DOSER 1 L, HI-DOSER 3 L and its accessories & consumables can be viewed at www.lambda-instruments.com/powder-doser/doser-hidoser-image-gallery/.
The dosing speed can be set directly on the control display of the powder feeder or remotely from 0–999 speed range for precise and reproducible solid flow rate.
The powder dosing rate depends mainly on the powder properties.
For example, the dosing rate range of NaCl at our laboratory conditions:
*On the HI-DOSER unit, you can work with either slow or fast mode at a time, based on your flow rate requirement.
Dosing speeds and dosing times with pauses can be easily programmed locally on the pump display.
The entered program can be repeated 'n' number of times (1-99 or infinite loop) with the “cycle” setting in the program.
DOSER and HI-DOSER powder feeders are supplied with the following glass vessels:
The glass vessels are interchangeable.
For larger volumes, the side neck in the glass vessel allows filling during operation.
The whole speed range of powder dispensing can be remotely controlled by applying a voltage of 0-10V.
Switching the powder feeder on and off (ON/OFF) is controlled by an external contact or 12V signal.
The RS-485 or RS-232 interface (optional) allows for enhanced PC control (variable flow rates, flow profile, etc.).
A PC control software PNet is also available (optional).
Please refer the LAMBDA DOSER / HI-DOSER User Manual for connection details.
The PNet PC control software is ideal for remote control of dosing units, data storage and visualization of powder dosing.
You can connect up to 6 powder dispensers via RS-485 interface and cables to USB or serial port of the computer, without having to purchase additional software licenses for the additional laboratory equipment.
The PNet software allows to create dosing profile, record data for analysis or comparison, visualize real time trends and save data to PC.
The powder dispensers LAMBDA DOSER and LAMBDA HI-DOSER allows a safe and reproducible dosing of hazardous chemicals in the lab and conforms to modern safety rules. To protect the laboratory technician or researcher or student, the powder dosing device can also be controlled remotely.
The hermetic construction of the DOSER and HI-DOSER allows safe handling of dangerous and toxic solid substances.
Several seals make the DOSER air-tight and it can be used with a slight over- or under-pressure.
If the powder sample has to be protected from agglomeration or reaction with air humidity, the glass vessel can be purged with inert gas or dry air using the supplied gassing plug.
If the process needs to be protected from the risk of breakage, you can also order the glass vessels with a silicone coating (outside).
All parts in contact with the powdery substances are made of chemically resistant materials.
LAMBDA DOSER / HI-DOSER powder feeders are recommended for high quality standard of powder dosing in the laboratory.
In addition to the digital setting and precise dosing mechanism, the automatic recording of dosing data makes it an optimal choice to dispense powders under GMP and GLP.
The lab powder dispensers DOSER and HI-DOSER has been designed specially for easy assembly and cleaning.
The laboratory powder feeder, is thus, quickly out to together to use:
The DOSER and HI-DOSER can be coupled to all common glass recipients having standard ground fittings NS 29/32 or SVL threaded connectors. It can also be fitted to the reactor vessel using an adaptor.
Special attention has been paid to minimizing the dimensions of all parts of the powder dispenser. Thus, DOSER 0.2 L can be adapted easily to complex laboratory installations.
The robust construction and the use of high quality materials assure a long lifetime of the powder feeders.
Automated dispensing of same amount of repeated powder addition in the lab gives the time for the lab staff to work on other tasks.
Due to better reproducibility and elimination of errors, the number of experiments can be reduced.
The DOSER and HI-DOSER offers an excellent price-performance ratio.
The powder DOSER can be configured with the electronic LAMBDA INTEGRATOR (optional) and allows the quantification of the amount of powder added as a function of time. This provides important information on the processes or reactions, e.g. when the DOSER is controlled by a controller (pH-stat, thermostat, etc.).
1. Copper chloride fed into the quartz reactor by LAMBDA Powder Feeder for producing carbon-coated copper nanoparticles by vapor-phase reduction Eiroma, K.; Forsman, J.; Hult, E.-L.; Auvinen, A.; Sipiläinen-Malm, T.; Alastalo, A.; Tapper, U.; Leppäniemi, J.; Mattila, P.; Lyyränen, J.; Sarlin, J.; Jokiniemi, J.; Mössmer, S.. Water-Based Carbon-Coated Copper Nanoparticle Fluid—Formation of Conductive Layers at Low Temperature by Spin Coating and Inkjet Deposition. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology, Volume 56, Number 4, July 2012 , pp. 40501-1-40501-10(10) Keywords: Sedimentation, deposition, copper chloride, nanoparticles, Ethylene glycol, carbon, vapour phase reduction, porous alumina, CNT
2. Continuous feeding of Copper chloride powder on alumina (Al2O3) pellet bed within a quartz glass nanoparticle reactor to develop Carbon coated copper nanoparticle Inkjet Fluid Eiroma, Kim; Auvinen, Ari; Forsman, Johanna; Hult, Eva-Lena; Jokiniemi, Jorma; Koskela, Pirjo; Sarlin, Juha; Sipiläinen-Malm, Thea; Tapper, Unto. Development of Conductive Carbon Coated Copper Nanoparticle Inkjet Fluid. NIP & Digital Fabrication Conference, 2011 International Conference on Digital Printing Technologies. Pages 418-826. , pp. 458-461(4) Keywords: continuous, flow reactor, copper chloride, nanoparticles, gas phase, aluminium oxide, carbon nanotubes, CNT, inkjet, spin coating
3. Timed particle additions using LAMBDA Powder DOSER to study the fabrication and evaluation of the ferroelectric reinforced metal matrix composites (FR-MMCs) Poquette, Ben David. Understanding Ferroelastic Domain Reorientation as a Damping Mechanism in Ferroelectric Reinforced Metal Matrix Composites Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia Keywords: Metal Matrix Composites, Damping, Ferroelectric, Ferroelastic, Twinning, Domain Reorientation, Electroless Plating, Electrodeposition, Electroforming, Dispersion Strengthening
4. LAMBDA Powder DOSER used as a particle feeder for Drop Tube Reactor (DTR) Hampp F., Janajreh I., Development of a Drop Tube Reactor to Test and Assist a Sustainable Manufacturing Process. Advances in Sustainable Manufacturing, pp 141-148. 2011. Department of Mechanical Engineering, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE Keywords: Gasification, Drop Tube Reactor, Sustainable Product, Development, Small Scale Experiments, Simulation Assisted Design
5. Pre-treated (over dried at 60%, moisture content 2.38%) lignocellulosic biomass feeding operation for fed-batch enzymatic hydrolysis was controlled by programmed LAMBDA powder DOSER Chao Tai, Deepak R. Keshwani, Diego S. Voltan, Pankaj S. Kuhar, Aaron J. Engel. Optimal control strategy for fed-batch enzymatic hydrolysis of lignocellulosic biomass based on epidemic modelling, Biotechnol Bioeng. 2015 Feb 5. doi: 10.1002/bit.25552 University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA; São Paulo State University, Brazil and CAPES Foundation, Brazil. Keywords: Biofuels; Enzymatic hydrolysis; Epidemic model; Fed-batch; Optimal control
6. Established amounts of spherical and transparent glass particles simulating fuel droplets were introduced into the channel using Lambda powder dosing device V. Bodoc, D. Voicu. Experimental investigation of the infrared extinction limitations for vapor concentration measurement in a gas/particle flow. 17th International Symposium on Applications of Laser Techniques to Fluid Mechanics, Jul 2014, LISBONNE, Portugal. ONERA - The French Aerospace Lab, France. Keywords: Light Scattering; Vapor Molar Concentration; Infrared Absorption; Laser Beam
7. Dried and sieved bagasse particles were fed by the calibrated feeder (LAMBDA DOSER) into the drop-tube trickle-bed reactor Krüsi, Michael. Heat transfer enhancement in a solar biomass gasifier. PhD diss., Diss., Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule ETH Zürich, Nr. 21821, 2014. ETH-Zürich, Switzerland. Keywords: Alternative Energies; Biomass; Fuel Technology; Synthesis Gas
8. Feeding operation of fed-batch enzymatic hydrolysis conducted by DOSER which received timely commands from LabVIEW (fuzzy logic control system) Tai, Chao, Diego S. Voltan, Deepak R. Keshwani, George E. Meyer, and Pankaj S. Kuhar. "Fuzzy logic feedback control for fed-batch enzymatic hydrolysis of lignocellulosic biomass." Bioprocess and biosystems engineering (2016): 1-8. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA and São Paulo State University, Brazil Keywords: Fuzzy Logic Control; Cellulose Conversion Rate; Acid-pretreated Corn Stover; Pretreated Corn Stover; Batch Enzymatic Hydrolysis; Enzyme Feeding; Pretreated Biomass; High Solid Loading; Corn Stover Sample; Glucose Concentration; Glucose Release Rate
We have DOSERs in stock and it can be delivered to you within a few days from order. Practically, it is only the time taken for shipping
You can pay using your credit card via PayPal. Most importantly, it is not necessary to have a PayPal account to make the payment via credit card.
The biggest particle size for powders that could be dosed with our DOSER is about 4 mm. A good dosing of powders depends essentially on the flowing properties of the respective powders to be dosed. In general, homogeneous and free-flowing powders can be dosed best.
The powder / granules / solid must be properly treated for good flowing properties It is also possible to allow a gas flow to pass through the Lambda dosing vessel in order to create a controlled atmosphere.It is often possible to substantially improve the flowing properties of the respective powder / granules / solid by adding Aerosil (fumed silica – pure SiO2) to your powder (~0.1 - 2% by weight).
In the case of abrasive materials being used with the LAMBDA Powder DOSER, you will have an opportunity to replace the glass vessel and / or the distributors as needed.
The motor of the driving unit is controlled with quartz-driven electronics, similarly as it is done in electronic watches.Therefore, the accuracy depends mainly on the powder. For best accuracy and precise doses, the powder needs to be free-flowing and homogeneous.
It is always possible to control the mass flow rate of the powder using the LAMBDA Doser. You could program the DOSER up to 27 pairs of speed and time settings to control your desired mass flow rate (g/min).
Yes, the powder DOSER can be controlled by Mettler Titration Excellence T50/T70/T90 via RS-232 communication (most common type of connection with Mettler accessories), to dispense the desired amount of powder to the titration process. The powder DOSER has to be included as RS-232 control in the titroprocessor unit and the desired activity can be selected (e.g.: the signal would switch off the DOSER or switch it on, etc.) For integration of DOSER with your Mettler titroprocessor, you would need the RS-232 interface activated in the powder dosing unit and RS-232 connection cable.